200 Hours Hatha Yoga Teachers Training Syllabus
- History of yoga with introduction of Vedas and Upanishadas.
- Types of yoga – Jana, Bhakti & Karma Yoga.
- Yoga as a science and Philosophy.
- Definitions of Yoga and 5 mental modification (vrittis).
- Astanga Yoga (Eight Fold path) & Kriya Yoga.
- ESSENCE of Bhagavat Gita.
An Overview of the anatomical system in our body with yogic viewpoint:
- Digestive system.
- Endocrine gland system.
- Nervous system in connection with Parasympathetic nerves.
- Respiratory system.
- Muscular system.
- Skeleton system.
- Cardiovascular system.
- Concept of Ayurveda & anti-aging through yoga and Ayurveda.
- Overview and role of Spiritual Anatomy.
- Yoga Anatomy: 7 Chakras, 5 Koshas, 5 Prana, 3 Nadis, 3 Bandhas etc.
- Asana and its concept.
- Classification of Asanas.
- Difference between Asanas & Exercise.
- Traditional sun salutation – an introduction and benefits.
- Basic guidelines for general yoga practice.
- Introduction of Yoga props.
- Cultural Asanas – Names, Sanskrit interpretation, benefits, alignment & therapeutic role. An overview and practice – forward bend, backward bend, twisting, balancing, extension, inversion, core strengthening and balance asanas.
- Introduction of Vinyasa System and its practice.
- Meditative Asanas.
- Asanas for Relaxation.
- Yoga Mudras: its role in yoga practice and benefits.
- Yoga during pregnancy.
Science of Breath:
- concept of breath and breathing practices.
- Understanding the concept of Prana.
- Nadis and it’s important functions.
- General guidelines of Pranayama.
- Pranayama Vs. Deep Breathing.
- What is Pranayama?
- Understanding & practice of Pranayama:
- Nadi Shodhanam.
- Surya Bhedan Pranayama.
- Ujjayi Pranayama.
- Sitali & Sitkari Pranayama.
- Bhastrika Pranayama.
- Bharmari Pranayama.
- Pranayama as a therapy.
- General Benefits of Pranayama.
- General Note for all the Pranayama Practices
- Meditation why and how?
- Tradition & types of Meditation (Nada, Japa, Mantra).
- Obstacles & enhancement in meditation techniques.
- Various techniques of meditation.
- Guidance for deepening meditation practice.
- Mantra: What and Why?
- Healing and spiritual aspect of Mantras.
- Experience in Meditation.
- Deep Relaxation in Yoga Nidra.
- Systematic development of deep relaxation and meditation.
Introduction & practice of Shatkarmas:-
- Jala Neti.
- Adjustment and enhancement.
- Useful tips for yoga teachers.
- Yoga Lesson planning & general teaching tips.
- Basic Fundamentals of sequencing.
- An overview of Hatha Yoga Micro Lesson.
- Ethical values for yoga teachers.
- Prevention from injuries in yoga practice.
- Yoga class etiquette and behavior of a yoga teacher.
- Role of an inspiring yoga teacher.
- Business aspect of yoga (from registration of yoga school to opening a new yoga center and yoga center marketing techniques).
Study Material/Reference Books
- How yoga works by Michael Roach.
- Patanjali Yoga Sutra.
- Asana Pranayama Mudra & Bandhas – Bihar School of Yoga.
- Light on Yoga – Late Shri B. K. S Iyenger.
- Light on Pranayama – Late Shri. B. K. S. Iyenger.
- Autobiography of a Yogi – Parmhansa Yogananda.
- Patanjali yoga Sutra –Dr. P. V. Karambelkar. (Kaivalyadhama, India).
- Yogi & Scientist – Swami Kuvalayananda (Kaivalyadhama, India).
- Meditation & Mantras (Swami Vishnu-Devananda).
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (Professor G. S. Sahay).
- Seven Systems of Indian Philosophy (Pandit Rajmani tigunait, Phd).
- Yoga Nidra (Swami Satyananda Saraswati).
- Prana & Pranayama (Swami Niranjananda Saraswati).
- Yoga Nida – Swami Satyananda.
- Science of Breath – Swami Rama.
- Meditation and Its practice – Swami Rama.
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga – Dr David Colter.
200 Hrs Yoga TTC
The 200 hours” course at Rishikesh Yoga Prakash Institute is designed to develop Yoga Teaching skills
In the modern busy world, a typical yoga class usually begins and ends with postures and we all know that,
Yoga for Beginners
Yoga for beginner course is perfect for those, who always have been wondering how to begin yoga practice.