Improves Digestion for Halasana (Plow Pose)
August 11, 2019
How To Do The Halasana
- Lie flat on your back, with your arms placed beside your body and your palms facing downwards.
- Inhale, and lift your feet off the ground using your abdominal muscles. Try to lift your leg up-to 90 degree from the floor. Breathe normally as you bring your legs to 90 degree position.
- Now, use your hands to support your hips and lift them off the floor.
- Try to Bring your toes over your head. If possible, allow the toes to touch the floor over the head
- Make sure your back is perpendicular to the ground.
Hold the position for a minute while focusing on your breathing. Exhale, and gently bring down your legs. Avoid jerking your legs while releasing the pose.
Health Benefits of Halasana
- It clears constipation and stomach disorders.
- Halasana helps to reduce both belly and body fat.
- The inner organs like thyroid, kidney, spleen and pancreas are nourished well.
- It lowers high blood pressure.
- It improves memory power. Therefore a student practicing this yoga pose regularly helps to score high marks in examination.
- With a broad shoulder and a trim waist it gives sleek look.
- As more blood flows to face, the face dazzles and kept young.
- Muscle fibers and cervical vertebrae, Thoracic vertebrae and Lumbar vertebrae on the back are strengthened.
- It helps to keep your back bone flexible and strong.
- It is very hard to lift their waist can practice placing pillows under the waist.
- Those who could not touch the floor with big toes can practice it placing the big toes on chair for some days.
- Only after placing the big toes on the floor hands should be taken after placing next to the head otherwise there is a chance of falling on side wards.
- At the beginning while practicing halasana it is possible to feel pain in lower part of the back. Do not worry practice regularly the pain will disappear very quickly.