Health Benefits Of Forward Bending Postures
What is Uttanasana or Forward Bending Posture? Uttanasana stands for forward bending posture in Yoga. Uttanasana is a Sanskrit word derived from three words ‘ut’, ‘tan’, and ‘asana’ meaning ‘ intense’, ‘stretch’, and ‘pose’ respectively. This is highly advantageous posture comprises of revitalizing and therapeutic values. Your head goes below your heart in Uttanasana. This help blood to rush towards head, giving body cells a boost of oxygen which forms the biggest health benefits of forward bending postures.
How to perform Uttanasana?
Start with Tadasana or Mountain Pose. Then rest your hands on hips, exhale and then bend forward from hip joints. Make sure that your belly is in and concentrate on front torso as you move deeper and deeper in Uttanasana. You have to keep your knees straight and place fingertips on floor beside your feet. You can touch the back side of the ankles via your palms. In order to tone your thighs, press the heels into the floor, lift the sit bones to sky, and turn the top of your thighs inward. Ensure, that you head is loose releasing tension from back as well as shoulder blades. After this, try to lengthen the front torso little bit with every inhale. Then on every exhale, release completely into bend. Stay in the same posture for at least 30 seconds to 60 seconds.
The health benefits of forward bending postures explained:
- Useful posture to reduce anxiety, stress, depression, and fatigue
- The posture help in stretching the hips, calves, as well as hamstrings
- Keep spine flexible and strong
- Add calmness to mind, sooth nerves
- Provide ease in symptoms of insomnia, menopause, asthma, and headache
- Lower down the high blood pressure
- Help to stimulate liver, spleen, and kidneys
- Wonderful posture to be relieved from pain in back, spine, and neck
- Activate abdominal muscles
- Bring improvement in digestion system
- Helpful for osteoporosis, sinusitis, and infertility
In the nutshell:
Learn forward bending postures from experts like available at Rishikesh Yoga Prakash. The knowledgeable yoga gurus provide complete info and training on this specific forward bending postures and others too.